Friday, September 11, 2009

Adaab Bhaijaan

Aurangabad is a complete different world to Mumbai. When I first visited this city way back in 1998, I had never thought, I would pursue my graduation from here. On my first day of college, I noticed most of guys around were Muslims. I thought staying away from them. But then I met with this guy. I didn’t knew he was a Muslim, perhaps his looks were common- no beard, no skull cap or kurtas. So I thought. So I was quite cozy with him, he was a master in Math’s. It impressed me that and drew my hands for friendship. He told his name-‘Mussaraff’. I burst into laugh, but it really didn’t matter him. Conversely he was rather proud of that.
I was so weak in studies that I didn’t give second thought on our friendship and from his side, he was always happy to help. Later on he introduced me with his roommate. Md. Zia-ul-haq was one of them. A guy with long fuzz, never put off his cap, who offered Namaz five times a day and never wore jeans. I frequented them for my studies and realized how wrong I was about these people. I really enjoyed their company and admired their discipline. Though I sometimes argued with Mussaraff on religious matters but never was serious. Zia never intervened he was always concerned with studies and his God.
In next years I had roommates, senior, caretakers, teachers and even my mentor being a Muslim. And I am fairly proud to have these people as a part of my life. After my college, I will truly miss them a lot. Over the years of experience around, I feel it’s really doesn’t matter which community you belong, but the important part is to surrender before the Almighty. For the narrow minds I have a message- ‘even Allah never wants killing of innocent people’. If truth be told it’s not necessary that only non Muslims are affected by bombing. Perhaps for them it’s a double loss. Not only they lose their loved ones but also face isolation later as a consequence which in turn sows the seeds for another generation of terrorism. Planting bombs is not a solution, fight for rights in correct sense, remember-‘an eye for an eye leaves whole world blind’. And it’s really a myth that minorities are denied of opportunities. Its age of equality and secularism otherwise we might not have had APJ Kalam as a president or SRK as youth icon.
And for the rest the world I would say three things:-
• Not all Muslims are terrorists
• Spreading love and peace is the prime Moto of Islam
• Stop disgracing humanity

No comments:

Post a Comment